Springboard, by drawing on our team’s wealth of experience gained across a broad range of industry sectors, is uniquely positioned to provide valuable strategic and financial advice to Directors involved in transactions or more generally looking to develop their business and enhance shareholder value.
What we do as your management advisor
Management teams are increasingly forming part of an auction process either in primary or secondary MBO situations.
For managers there will be a myriad of demands on their time in a process and it is crucial they have a senior independent advisor. Our experience in private equity makes us uniquely positioned to answer questions like:
- How will I get the opportunity to choose my partner going forward?
- How should I assess what I am being offered both financially and commercially?
- What would life be like with the incoming PE house?
Our role is to act as a sounding board on all issues to ensure the voice of management is heard in a constructive fashion and you get a deal that is right for you and your teams in both cultural and economic terms.
How do we add value?
- We are engaged at all stages in private equity process providing productive and balanced advice
- Detailed modelling of financial terms and comparison of offers
- Leading negotiations with incoming (and exiting) private equity providers
- Working closely with legal and tax advisors to ensure a joined up solution
- Providing a sounding board to management on any issue that affects them
What we do as your retained advisor
Acting as either a Non-Executive Director or a retained advisor, we work alongside management teams to provide a ‘fresh pair of eyes’ to help develop and implement the strategic, commercial and financial direction of the business. Our approach is to deliver pragmatic and constructive advice to help co-develop practical solutions to develop the business and build shareholder value.
Our involvement can be as the pre-cursor to a transaction – typically preparing for exit or as part of a longer term strategic plan.
We can engage as part of a formal board appointment or on a higher level, less frequent basis.
Our philosophy of a senior led service providing value and experience to business founders and entrepreneurs makes us ideally suited to the role of retained advisor.
How do we add value?
- Utilise our experience as advisors and funders to challenge management teams and business owners
- Ensure that the business has a challenging and realistic strategic plan and that all stakeholders are delivering that objective
- Using our network of contacts built up over more than 70 years to effect useful introductions
- Providing ad-hoc advice around succession, funding and value realisation and being positioned to move efficiently and seamlessly when such opportunities arise